Thursday, June 12, 2008

Got Nothing Better To Do ...?

How did I start my kungfu journey? Why did I join Pg Ladies Chin Woo Assoc. more than a decade ago? Got nothing better to do, is it?

At that time I just finished Form 5. Many would take this opportunity to take up useful courses such as programming, etc, while others would go to earn extra money in part time jobs.

For me, I took up martial art class in Pg Ladies Chin Woo. I had dreamt of learning martial art since at young age. I love to watch action movies and dramas and draw "wu xia" comics.

I met my very first kungfu instructor when I first came to the assoc to enquire about classes and lessons offered. She said, "No problem. Just come in the mornings of Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday. I'll teach you."

The first lesson for me was a painful one. I nearly freaked out. I just wouldn't let me legs suffer those "torturing" anymore. So I stopped going for the next lessons after the first one. Mrs Lai, my instructor, had to ring me up and ask me to go for my 2nd lessons.

Well, what about your experience? How did you start? Why did you pick up kungfu? Are you like me ... got nothing better to do? Tell me.

1 comment:

Hong CN said...

Well, if there is passion inside your heart, nothing able to stop you from getting "fever" in martial art world. Once you have high "fever", you will fervently finding a way of practising it.

No Pain, No Gain :-) That's the principle.